For Polycom phones, the password 456 should work under the following circumstances:
- If the phone is on our boot server but has not rebooted
- If the phone is on our boot server, but not provisioned through the admin portal
- If the phone is not on our boot server
If you've previously configured your Polycom using 456, or if you've purchased a new Polycom, your password may have updated for security purposes. You can find your Polycom password by logging into the Admin Portal. Choose "Resources". Click on the mac address of your phone. There, you will see a 4-digit password which you can use to access your phone.
Note: If you've purchased a used phone, the password 456 may not work depending on any settings changed by the previous user. If this is the case, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down. (example of a mac address would be: 0004F2xxxxxx). Note: The MAC address can be found on the rear/bottom of the phone or you can see the MAC address by pressing "Menu", "Status", "Platform", "Phone".
- Restart the phone by powering down (unplug it count to 10 then plug it back in).
- While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) depress the following keys simultaneously:
- * If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select "cancel" and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time
- For SoundStation IP 4000, 500, and 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
- For VVX-Series phones press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 simultaneously during the Updater process until the password prompt appears
- Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
- Enter the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). Before this step, write down the MAC address, then the numeric keyboard equivalent of each character, i. e. for 0004f212ab34, your would have 000433332222234. To switch between alpha and numeric try one of the following:
- Depress the # key or the button directly beneath this image on the phone screen (1/A/a) for Soundpoint IP
- On a VVX-series depress "mode" to switch between alpha and numeric
- You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure you phone.
- It is necessary to go into the phone and manually enter the server type and server address following our knowledgebase instructions.
Note: Using the above key-code combination or using "Reset Device Settings" on a phone already configured for BCOM may result in an "config decryption error" or fail to provision. To recover the phone, go to the resource for the phone in the admin portal and in the bottom left hand box, click on Reset Key in the Factory Reset box, then reboot the phone.